We’re supporting NHS Charities Together to celebrate and immortalise the immense magnitude of their fortitude, stoicism and selflessness over the last year.
Our world has changed. As billions across the world come to terms with the effects of COVID-19, it can sometimes feel as if things are outside our control. We must remember that this is not the case. Our community needs us. We have the tools to help, no matter how small an act of kindness may seem.
For Shakera, it has always been important to respect and appreciate her surroundings and those who fill them, from flowers to people. It comes naturally then that, at Shaku, this appreciation continues by commending and expressing our deepest gratitude for those who fought for our lives, without complaint or incentive. Donating 20% of the sale from our Rainbow Posy bandeau scarf is our gesture of thanks. Shaku wants to be culturally and socially responsible; this permeates through all facets of our practice.
Our Rainbow Posy Bandeau
Starting from 20 August 2020, 20% of the sale proceeds from our Rainbow Posy Bandeau will go to NHS Charities Together. NHS Charities Together is composed of 240 local NHS charities, and we are proud to support them.
The hand-designed scarf mirrors the coveted rainbow motif, which is emblematic of the gargantuan effort put in by the NHS to save our lives. Inspired by the rich yet subtly charming hues of an English countryside summer, a blooming chain of roses, dahlias and daisies are paired with the delicate wash of a vibrant rainbow band. 100% silk satin, its soft touch and smaller size is ideal for a knotted headband, or worn as a belt.
Nominate a Frontline Hero
10 Heroes, 10 Scarves, 10 Weeks
To say thank you to our key workers and heroes across the country, and in our community, we’ll be gifting ten Rainbow Posy Bandeau scarves to ten people who you think have made a difference.
Nominations can include medical staff, key workers or frontline responders, who have shown special kindness or courage during this difficult time and who you think deserves a special thank you. We’re celebrating strength, compassion and humanity, in whatever form it may come.
1. First Follow @ShakuDesign on Instagram
2. DM us with the name of your nomination and include
- Reason for nomination
- Their favourite flower
- a picture of the person you are nominating
Each week for 10 weeks, we’ll be selecting a winner who will receive a special Shaku gift. This will include the Rainbow Posy Bandeau, and a hand-drawn sketch and personalised thank you card from our founder, Shakera Tayub.
Nominations open 20 August 2020, and our first winner will be announced on 3 September 2020, with the competition closing on 1st December 2020.
Terms & Conditions:
- Entries must be submitted by midnight of 1st October 2020.
- Entries are accepted from all countries.
- Nominations must be valid, and you agree that everything you write, state and publish in relation to the nomination and nominee is accurate. If found to be inaccurate or falsified, you will be disqualified and must return your product gift to Shaku.
- Nominations must include the nominee’s name, reason for nomination, their favourite flower and a picture. If selected as a winner, we will contact you and the person you have nominated to gain your agreement that your nominee’s name, photograph, reason for nomination, social handle and your name, social handle and reason for nomination can be used for posts on Shaku-owned social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram). These posts will remain on Shaku-owned social channels after this period unless specifically requested by the nominee or nominator, in which case they will be deleted upon request.
- If selected as a winner, the nominee agrees to share their address and phone number with Shaku for delivery purposes.
- Each winner will receive one brand new Rainbow Posy Bandeau and one personalised sketch drawn by Shakera Taynub.
- You can nominate as many people as you would like
- Any entries that the Shaku consider (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
- General: Shaku’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email via the account provided at point of entry within 14 days of the closing date and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe Shaku reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original.
- Shaku cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
- Shaku reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
- You agree that if you are a winner, and accept, you will take part in and cooperate fully with the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
- By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants Shaku a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
- Shaku accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. Shaku or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of Shaku or its agencies.
- Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from Shaku. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by Shaku to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners’ list.